Training events are shown in green on the Calendar below.
STARTING JANUARY 1, 2016 ALL Classes are at 1200 Missouri Avenue in the Main Floor Conference Room except First Aid/CPR which is at 3901 N 19th ST Conference Room A (on the Second Floor). For scheduling purposes New Team Member Orientation will remain in the 2nd Floor Conference Room at Missouri Avenue.
Please contact Karen at 258-7838 x136 to register for the CPR / First Aid class you wish to attend. Enrollment is limited to 10 team members per class. Include your voice mail number with your message. Karen will call you back only if there is a problem with your registration.
If any training has been completed through another agency / employer, please provide a copy of the training documentation to Karen. (Fax: 701-258-7911)
If there aren't at least two team members registered for any module review class, except Medications, the class will be canceled.
SUPERVISORS - PLEASE NOTE: (contact Human Resources - ext. 114)
Registration deadlines for New Team Member Orientation classes:
- Tuesday session deadline is Monday @ Noon
- Thursday session deadline is Wednesday @ Noon
ADMINISTRATION OF TESTS/MODULES:
- Tests are to be completed without the module or notes.
- The Team member should be proctored when completing hard copy exams. Team members are to be monitored at all times when taking hard copy exams. The proctor must collect jackets, backpacks, purses, cell phones, computers or other devices before giving out exams.
- Corrected exams should only be reviewed and corrected by the Staff Trainer or their designee (Sue Chaussee or Val Scalzo). The test must be collected before the person proctoring the review leaves the area. Tests and answer sheets should not leave the designated testing area.
- Testing accommodations such as an oral test can be made by the Trainer or their Designee, but the integrity of the exam must be maintained and it should still be an assessment to determine if the team member is able to answer the questions on the exam.
- Under no circumstance is group testing or open book testing an appropriate accommodation for the Community Staff Training Program.
Certified trainers are the only people who may correct the exams. Staff must achieve
85% or more on individual module tests to have successfully completed the
Competency for that module. Team members who fail to achieve the 85% level of performance, will be provided the opportunity to retake the test again at a later date; a one week waiting period is required for team member's retaking tests they previously failed. Team members who successfully complete eight core modules (including CPR and First Aid Training), six electives, the supervised field experiences, and Therapeutic Responses are eligible for DD certification. Composite coursework tests are administered by the State Training Director and Regional Staff Trainers. Team members must successfully pass the individual module tests for a given course before they are eligible to take the course composite test.
ONLINE MODULE TESTING:
Online testing of all core modules is available to team members who are designated to take this set core of modules. Minot State University has created a testing shell for Pride. If a team member would like to take tests online, they should discuss this option with the Staff Trainer, who will accommodate this request. If the student is a current student at Minot State University, their login and password will be the same as they use for other online coursework at MSU. If they do not attend MSU, the Staff Trainer will assist the team member with their login and password information.
DESIGNATED TESTING TIMES: Karen or a Designee will be available at the following times to proctor a test.
- Tuesday from 1:00pm-4:30pm;
- Wednesday 9:00am-12:00pm;
- Thursday from 1:00pm-4:30pm; and
- Friday from 9:00pm-12:00pm.
Team Member's need to allow themselves at least 1 hour for testing, please calculate this time when you are testing. All other testing times, must be pre-arranged 24 hours in advance with Karen or a Designee to ensure testing availability. Karen can be reached at (701) 258-7838, ext. #136 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
MSU On-line Testing
BlackBoard Learn Instructions:
Testing Online follow steps #1 - #15
Practicum Online follow step #17
Study Modules Online follow step #16
Go to the website for online testing: http://bblearnweb.minotstateu.edu/
- Go to the Minot State University website: http://www.minotstateu.edu/
- Click on Academics Tab on the top of the page
- Under Distance Education (middle right on page), click on Blackboard Login
- Click on the words 'Blackboard Learn Login'
Type in your username & password - this may be different than in the past.
Username: Type in your firstnamelastname (no period) (Ex: marysmith)
Password: Type in your identification number, which is your six-digit birthdate + last 3 digits of your social security number. (Ex: if your birthday is March 16, 1980 and your SSN is 234567890, your ID # is 031680890 but 31680890 may also work)
Exception: MSU Students (use your MSU login & password)
- Under 'My Courses' on the right side, click on: Pride, Inc. CSTP Testing - Horan
- Click on 'Assessment' in the panel on left side.
- Click on the test you want to take. MAKE SURE THAT YOU GIVE YOURSELF ENOUGH TIME TO COMPLETE THE TEST. YOU ONLY HAVE TWO ATTEMPTS.
- Read the information about the test - it will state the time limit for the exam. Even though it says you may save and resume later, the time available keeps ticking away after you click 'Begin'. It does not stop counting down if you close out of the exam. There are two attempts possible for each exam.
- Click 'Begin' when you are ready.
- Read and complete the first question.
- Click the small single arrow in the lower left corner to save your response and move to the next question. Continue for all questions in the exam.
- Note the Timer - if the timer bar isn't showing, click on 'Show Timer'. This tells you how much time is remaining for this exam. It will continue counting down even if you close out of the exam. You must complete the exam when you start it. If this is distracting, you may click on the arrow to the left of the words 'Remaining Time' to hide it. Click on 'Show Timer' antime to see the time left for this exam. Exams are penalized by the trainer if you go over the time limit. The standard deduction to the exam score will be 1% per minute over the allotted time limit.
- You may view the list of questions by clicking on 'Question Completion Status' below the timer bar. Numbers that are shaded indicate completed questions. You may move directly to a specific question by clicking on the number in this menu. You may collapse this menu by clicking on 'Question Completion Status' again.
- Essay questions are randomly listed with other questions.
- After you answer all of the questions, click on 'Save and Submit'. You may only do this at the screen for the last question, which you can always access by clicking on the double arrow symbol in the lower left corner.
- After submitting your exam, check your grades by clicking on 'My Grades' in the menu on the left. If there were essay questions, your grade won't appear until the exam has been graded. Please allow at least 3 days before checking for results.
- If you encounter any problems accessing online testing or during an exam, contact your team trainer. DO NOT contact MSU or the MSU Help Desk. You are not an enrolled student at MSU and they will not know how to help you. Pride's team trainer is Karen Horan, and her phone # is 258-7838 x136. If your birthday month starts with a '0' (Jan through Sept) and you are unable to login then try to login in by leaving the '0' off the beginning of the password.
YOU MAY STUDY THE ONLINE MODULES BY:
- Going to www.ndcpd.org/train
- Enter Username - training
- Enter Password - isfun
- Practicum Online go to:http://www.ndcpd.org/train/practicum.shtml